Monday, January 12, 2015

Movies in Review: "American Sniper"

I can't say I was pressed to see this film, but I did want to see it. I do enjoy a good war drama. However, I didn't know until the end that this film was based from the novel of the real American sniper portrayed in this film. Making the movie even better for me because I enjoy stories based off true events. I thought I would enjoy this movie, but I didn't know I would love it.

Bradley Cooper...Bradley Cooper...smh...you did your thing sir. Bradley Cooper is a decent actor, who seems to get better with each role he takes. This role as American Sniper Chris Kyle, put him on another level for me. Bradley Cooper's performance was stellar. I was invested in him as Chris Kyle. He mas someone I wish I had the chance to meet. Bradley captured every emotion flawlessly. He transformed his body to really emulate the sniper. Clint Eastwood also did his thing in the directors chair. I was getting a little annoyed with the way the sequences seemed to repeat with each tour, but there was really little repetition at all. Each tour provided another element to the story.

The film had humor, and moments that will make you laugh and cry. I was stunned by the end, and sat in my seat in awe until the credits rolled. I found myself a bit of an emotional wreck by the end...kinda like how you felt at the end of "Million Dollar Baby"...smh. This movie was excellent. If you are into war dramas, this is one you don't want to miss...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment