Monday, January 26, 2015

Movies in Review: "Strange Magic"

I wasn't anticipating this movie, but I thought it would be a cute flick to check with my little man. I had very little expectations for it, just thought it would be ok, and my kid would enjoy it. Boy was I wrong, and I kinda wished I had taken him to see Paddington instead...smh.

This movie was kind horrible and hard to take. Can you say too much damn singing!? Yes I understand it was a musical, but the songs weren't even great. The animation, although somewhat visually entertaining, produced dull characters that did nothing to keep one's interest. The characters were annoying, especially the character Roland, and the main character Marianne...Ugh! Oh and did I mention the singing? I was wishing for a pair of earplugs to drop in my lap...smh.

I think I was at least expecting to be entertained, and leave with a smile. But all I got was a headache and 2hrs of my time taken from me. If I were you, I would steer clear of this one...D-

2 comments: