Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Movies in Review: "Blackhat"

Oh Chris Hemsworth you can seriously do no wrong in my book. I will go see any film you're featured in, just so I can gaze at those pretty blues...yaaaasssss! Besides Chris Hemsworth, the trailer had me hooked. It looked like a pretty interesting action thriller, a movie genre I love. So I was more than anticipating the release of this movie. To my surprise this movie fell short of everything it appeared to promise...

You know techy movies aren't always my thing. I find that most of them get so wrapped up in the technical side of the story that they fall short in all other areas of the story. Blackhat definitely fell into this hole. The movie was kind of ridiculous from beginning to end. I expected to be a little lost at the beginning, but was expecting the rest of the story to clear things up for me, but it didn't. What was the purpose for anything that was going on? The story was sooooooo silly, and the thrills were forced. The action scenes looked choreographed, which is bad. No action scene should LOOK choreographed...smh. Chris Hemsworth was ok, but there was very little he could do to save this nonsense. With a pretty powerful cast, it is kind of sad that this was the film it produced.

For all those who got excited and wrapped up into the trailer, that's just good marketing and nothing more. The final product is lower than anything you expect. I would save my money on this one and wait for it to arrive on your cable line-up, even then, I would recommend you waste 2 hours of your life on this one...D

No comments:

Post a Comment