Monday, October 6, 2014

Movies in Review: "Gone Girl"

I had planned to read the book this movie is based after stellar reviews for the novel from a few friends. However soon after the trailer for this film released, and I figured I'd wait on the book. Can I tell you the chills I got from this trailer. I was more than ready for this movie release. From the trailer, I was sure that I knew the storyline...boy was I wrong...lol...

I haven't seen a mystery thriller like this in a while. Most thrillers are easy to figure out, but if you haven't read the book, you will be in for some interesting twists. This movie kinda had me going insane (in a good way). You will find yourself OMGing through much of it...it's that good. Ben Affleck was amazing, but that's no surprise, he doesn't fail much in films. But the surprise shocker performance came from Mr. Tyler Perry. Perry did that, and proved that he could hold down a scene with an A-list actor like Affleck. Perry was perfection in his role as Nick's attorney and owned every scene he was in. There was no hint of Madea to be found at all in this performance...you go boy!

Let me tell you this movie was so exciting, I have to read the book, because although the film was great, something tells me the book is going to be better. This one will draw out so much emotion from you, humor, angry and surprise moments that will catch you completely off guard. I was glued to the screen on this one. It has a running time of 2.5 hrs, so you know I had to use the bathroom near the end, but I'd be damned if I was stepping away...yeah it's that type of movie. The only disappointment was the end. That's all I'm going to say, because if I say anything else it would be too much...lol...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment