Monday, October 20, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Book of Life"

How beautiful did this movie look. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a thing for color, so I'm not surprised this film caught my attention. I wish I had the theatrical poster to hang in my office. The artwork makes me smile :). Watching the trailer filled my heart with joy. It's clear I was definitely looking forward to seeing this one.

So cute...so cute...so cute...this movie was so cute. The story for me was a bit meh...but the characters and beautiful animation made up for it. I loved the young Manolo, Joaquin, and Maria. They were super cute and Maria so sassy. Zoe Saldana as the older Maria was my favorite. I loved her sass, it made for pure comedy. The best part about the movie was the visual feast that was given. The colors and costumes for each character (especially La Muerte, ruler of the Land of the Remembered) were amazing. There should definitely be an award handed to this film for visual beauty, because it was outstanding. This alone is enough to keep the little one's attention.

I was expecting the story to be better, but it totally exceeded my expectations for visual beauty. I don't think anyone will care too much about what the story lacks, although I did. Although my eyes were satisfied, but my heart wasn't, I still think you and the family will appreciate seeing it...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment