Monday, October 13, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Judge"

Who doesn't enjoy watching Robert Downey Jr. perform on the big screen? He is definitely one of my favorites, and a "friend" in my head type of fellas...lol. There is no question The Judge was the only movie I was actually looking forward to seeing this weekend. My expectations were set at a bar I knew this movie could meet...and it did.

Downey is one sexy man, but I would like to complain about the horrible hair dye job they gave him. It looked like an at-home dye job...ijs...it looked a little fake. Other than that, I really have little to complain about. The movie was cast wonderfully, and performed even better. I am not the biggest fan of Billy Bob Thornton, but I absolutely loved him in this movie. He was sharp, in all aspects of the word. Dale Palmer had to be one of my favorite characters. He gave the movie a light, and humorous feel, making the movie more enjoyable. Downey and Duvall were superb with their dysfunctional father and son relationship. It was kind of hardening to watch.

There are no guns or whistles in this film, just a decent story and great acting...who doesn't appreciate that. If you enjoy a good simple feel that will grab at your emotions, then this is the flick for you. It flopped at the box office, but in my opinion, it's worth watching...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment