Monday, October 13, 2014

Movies in Review: "Dracula Untold"


I'm honestly not a fan of "monster type" movies, like Dracula, and any silly werewolf movie, but I am a fan of Luke Evans (plays Dracula), so I decided to give this movie a chance. If I didn't like it, it would still be worth sitting there to watch Evans on-screen for 1.5 hrs...lol.




Well Evans was definitely worth it, unfortunately the rest of the movie wasn't. The movie started out ok, but built up to nothing and my interest began to decline drastically. The action scenes were decent, but each scene kind of turned into the same stuff. The story also wasn't strong enough to have me care about Dracula or his family, which is what most of the movie was focused on. The movie had some decent movement, but I found I found myself less than thriller with what was going on most of the time...eh...

The movie is very dark, and unfortunately nothing extraordinary. I was expecting a bit more, and was surprised to leave the theater more disappointed. However I did enjoy the chance to gawk at Luke Evans beautifully chiseled face and body...yaaaassss...but that was about it...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment