Monday, October 20, 2014

Movies In Review: "Fury"

Oh how I love a good war movie, and Pitt has been a part of a few of my faves, so I was looking forward to him giving me excellence in this one. I loved the cast in the movie, although I was a little wary about LaBeouf. You just never know what you're gonna get from this dude...ya know. To my surprise though...Shia shined.

This movie was a little tough to watch and left me with a pit in my stomach. The story moved at a medium to slow pace at the beginning then ended with pure adrenaline. Pitt is the man. Could you have expected a better performance in this role from anyone else? Pitt had me feeling his pain taken in his service for the War. It seriously felt like these men had served together for years. LaBeouf gave the best performance I have ever seen from him. The script was the outline, and these actors gave it life.

Don't get me wrong, the movie wasn't perfect. There were definitely some scenes that dragged on a bit longer than they should have, or were just weird (to me anyway), but I think I forgot most of what I didn't enjoy by the end. The last 20 min of the movie was hell to watch, and I think I may have cried...I think...lol.

If you like war films, then don't let this one pass you by. It was a good one to watch...for the most part...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment