Monday, December 23, 2013

Movies in Review: "Walking with Dinosaurs"

I had no wish to see this movie when I came across the theatrical poster for this film. The poster looked beyond dull to me, so I can only imagine how it looked to kids. However the theatrical trailer changed my mind. Thank goodness for a good trailer, which offered more intrigue than its ghastly poster...smh. Unfortunately, a poster may be the only thing you have going to sell people on your movie, especially since most people won't see the trailer. Too bad there seemed to be little interest to see this movie, because it was actually pretty good.

If you have a kid who is into dinosaurs, you really don't want them to miss this movie. It was like watching a cute movie and getting a dinosaur lesson at the same time. The learning lessons injected into the movie I found to be annoying at first, but it worked for the story, and helped me to get a better understanding of who was a prey or predator.

I thought the story was super cute, and a found myself laughing more than I expected. It is a kids movie, but I think kids at heart will also find it enjoyable. The characters are great, my favorites being Patchi and Alex. It looks like a movie that could have been easily shown on the History or PBS channel, but I wasn't disappointed in paying for a ticket. Truth be told, when it comes on TV, I am definitely watching it again. I feel like it's a must see for dinosaur lovers, and a good watch for a rainy matinee...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment