Monday, December 16, 2013

Movies in Review: "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"

I am surprised how much I was looking forward to seeing this film, although I did enjoy the first Hobbit, I have never been a fan of the Lord of the Rings series. As a matter of fact, I have been unable to sit through any of The Lord of the Rings movies...smh. However, The Hobbit was very different for me. I found more interest in the characters, and story. I was surprised I enjoyed the first Hobbit so much, and after seeing the trailer for the second one, I was hoping to be surprised again...

Unfortunately, I wasn't...

This movie was sooooooo long. As I sat there, I kept hoping and praying that it was going to get better, and when I thought it was about to, the movie was over...Uuuugghhh. I spent 3hrs watching this movie, only to get left hanging...smh. This installment was far less interesting than the first one. The Dwarfs were my favorite characters from the first movie, but their screen time was reduced in this film as other characters were introduced. This story was also more complicated than the first one with the introduction of new characters.

The action was ok, but felt a little contrived, not as much fun to watch as in the first movie. I wish Gandalf was in this one more, but his screen time was also infrequent. I was trying not to nap during this movie because I thought it would get better and I didn't want to miss anything. Unfortunately this installment left me annoyed and tired by the end...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment