Monday, December 16, 2013

Movies in Review: "Saving Mr. Banks"

I don't recall seeing a theatrical trailer for this movie. I came across the theatrical poster only. There is nothing exceptional about the poster with Emma Thompson, and Tom Hanks walking together with the title Saving Mr. Banks. I had no clue what the movie was about, but I assumed Tom Hanks was "Mr. Banks" and Emma Thompson was saving him...lol...silly right. All I know is that Tom Hanks was starring in it, and that was enough to get me into the theater to see it.

To my delight the film is a historical comedy about how the making of the Mary Poppins film came about. I love Mary Poppins! Tom Hanks played the wonderful Walt Disney, and did an exceptional job as Mr. Disney. This movie was so interesting and entertaining to watch, as it was more than just a movie about Mary Poppins, but a more in-depth into the life of the author and how Mary Poppins and Mr. Banks characters came about.

Emma Thompson was a hoot as the author P.L Travers. She is so straight forward, rude, and hilarious all at the same time. It was so much fun seeing all the work that went into making the Mary Poppins film. Hearing the music from the film being developed in the film brought me back to my childhood. What kid didn't enjoy Mary Poppins?

I had little complaints with this one as it brought a smile to my face, and at one point a small tear. The performances were excellent, and the story wonderfully written. It is an enjoyable movie that you will love...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment