Monday, October 7, 2013

Movies in Review: "Runner Runner"

I had no interest at all in seeing this movie because Justin Timberlake was cast as the lead. It was Ben Affleck and Anthony Mackie who changed my mind. I was hoping with the addition of these two, the movie would at least be tolerable. Well I was right about tolerable...smh.

Ugh! How in the world does Justin Timberlake keep getting lead roles in movies? He is freakin awful. Unfortunately for this movie it wasn't only Timberlake's performance that failed, but almost everything else as well. The storyline for this movie was juvenile and felt like it was written from a crime-drama handbook. There was little to no character development. The action in the film was unbelievable, and the ending predictable.

So I guess I'm suppose to believe Timberlake's character would go all the way to Costa Rica to have a face to face with the guy who owns an on-line gambling site just because the site cheated him...come on! And even more unbelievable is that he is able to get his face to face by pulling a silly camera stunt!?...awful. I didn't get Timberlake's character. Was he suppose to be a tough, bad ass, because he walked the line on that and a kid out of water. If there was a stronger actor playing the lead, this movie probably wouldn't have been half as bad as it was.

Because of Ben Affleck, this movie is at the most, tolerable, but I can't give it anymore than that. Not the best film out now, so why bother. Catch a rental, or sneak into this one, Affleck at least makes it worth that...D+

No comments:

Post a Comment