Monday, October 21, 2013

Movies in Review: "The Fifth Estate"

Hmmmmm...not sure why I stepped into the theater to see this one. I have never ventured to the WikiLeaks website, only heard about it on the news, and that wasn't even enough to get me to the site. I think I may have been caught up in the thrilling trailer (see...great marketing can go a long way). The trailer made the movie look more interesting than just the premise of the story. Oh, and I am a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch, so that may have had a little to do with it too...lol.

Well I should have went with my gut, because I didn't connect with this movie at all. Needless to say, most of the story was over my head. I'm not a news, or information/technology geek. As a matter of fact, too much information fries my brain. So I was basically sitting in the theater fried...lol. I understood very little of what was being said or going on. There were scenes that seemed to be intense, and I sat there wondering what the hell was everyone so tense about...smh...not my type of movie. The only comforting thing from this is that it isn't a lot of viewers type of movie, as it only made 1.7million in tickets sales its opening weekend, making it a box office flop.

I enjoyed Cumberbatch, but that's about it. This wasn't my type of movie, and the only thing I left the theater with was a headache. Please take my review for this film lightly, as I just could not get a grasp of it, to be fair...C-

No comments:

Post a Comment