Monday, October 7, 2013

Movies in Review: "Gravity"

There was so much hype around this movie, but after seeing the trailer, I was only slightly intrigued. I think I only went to see the movie because it looked like a role I have never seen Bullock in. As a Bullock fan, I wanted her to do well. I had no clue how this story would play out as the trailer provides very little about the plot. All I could gather is that Bullock is lost in space, and had no idea how they could make a great story out of that. Well...a great story it was...Wow!

Let me first say that you can't go see this movie in anything less than 3D. I saw it in 3D, and wished I had bought a ticket for IMAX 3D. The visuals in this movie are half the experience in the film. The director did such a great job of putting the audience out in space with the characters. There were moments when I felt like I was weightless and out of oxygen...yeah it's like that. The story is very well written, I promise you won't want to leave your seat once it begins. Kudos Bullock, you did your thing. Clooney made the movie fun, and its funny I just realized the 1.5hrs only included them and the elements in space...lol.

Gravity sent me on a space adventure that gripped me. I felt a part of Dr. Ryan's whole experience. There is no way to experience this movie but on the big screen. Seeing it at home would be a waste. Go see this one while it's out. I want to see it again in IMAX 3D, and I rarely want to spend money to see a movie twice...lol...A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment