Monday, February 4, 2013

Movies in Review: "Warm Bodies"

I was this close to taking the weekend off for movie reviews 1. Because it was Superbowl weekend, and who cares anything about movies when I am looking forward to seeing a bunch of bulky, sweaty men run around on a field in tight uniforms :)...I'm just sayin...2. Because none of this weekend's new releases looked interesting at all. But because I am dedicated to this blog I couldn't allow this weekend's pages to go by blank. So I went to the movies...

I can't believe that anyone who saw the trailer for Warm Bodies marked it on their calendar to see it. I found nothing intriguing about the trailer at all. The only thing that did catch my attention was that John Malkovich (one of my favorite actors) was cast in it. Unfortunately his role was too small in the movie to actually make it worth giving credit...

This film is a romantic comedy that moves very slow. I was hoping that the film's pace would pick up somewhere, but it didn't. Watching this movie was kind of like watching paint dry. There was nothing too exciting about it. The relationship between Julie and "R" was cute, but not interesting enough to keep you vested in the film. There was very little humor, so I find it hard to credit it as a "comedy". This movie didn't move me at all, and had me wishing I had stayed my butt home in bed.

All in all, I found this movie to be a bore. If for some reason you had some interest in seeing it, save your money and wait until you find a bootleg laying out in the street...~yawn~...D-

No comments:

Post a Comment