Monday, February 11, 2013

Movies in Review: "Side Effects"

Since returning back from my leave, I have yet to see a movie that satisfied me.  I have been walking out of the theatre with nothing but disappointment :(. With that said, I was counting on Side Effects to turn this around. The trailer looked interesting enough to offer a thrilling experience. The cast was icing on the cake with Jude Law, Rooney Mara, and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Ok Channing Tatum was also in it, but I think he should feel blessed to be cast as a co-star beside everyone else. I'm sorry...but I still have very little respect for his acting abilities...I'm just sayin...

I liked it...ok so I may have dozed off a bit here and there, but that's because the mood is kind of dark, and it was kind of slow at the beginning. This movie is filled with more subtle thrills than shocking, so you would be wise to pay attention. The writing and direction were great. By the middle of the film I had no idea how it would end. Once the pace of the film picked up it had my full attention. The twist was unexpected, making this movie worth seeing.

This film won't be winning any awards, but its still a good one to see. You will enjoy seeing everything come together in the end. Parts of the storyline has been done before, but the cast brings life to their characters that you may not notice...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment