Monday, August 13, 2012

Movies in Review: "Hope Springs"

All I have to say is how can you go wrong with a movie that has Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones starring in its cast. I'm sure many of you did not have this movie on your radar since The Bourne Legacy also opened this weekend. Well let me be the first one to say that this movie is worth a shot.

I left the theatre praying that my relationship, and marriage does not turn into the situation between Streep and Lee's characters. From the opening scene, it is a little hard not to feel Streep's loneliness, and despair with her marriage. Wow when Streep takes on a role, she encompasses that character 100%. When I watch her, it never feels like I'm watching a character. It really felt like I was watching the struggles of a real relationship. I think it had alot to do with the great chemistry between Streep and Jones, but also because the material is very realistic and easy to relate. I enjoyed almost everything about this story, except for maybe all the geriatric sex scenes...but I guess they were necessary for the story...Steve Carell also co-starred in the film, but he just seemed like a pawn. Not that he was horrible, but his role could have been given to any flake, and it wouldn't have matter...I'm just saying.

All the movie-goers in the theatre seemed to really enjoy the film. This movie was written well, with a story that touched everyone. The audience even stayed as the credits rolled. This is a great date movie, a promising matinee that I think is worth the view...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment