Monday, August 27, 2012

Movies in Review: "ParaNorman"

I will first let you know that the trailer for this movie did not capture my attention that much at all. However, I did find Norman's chubby buddy to be interesting and funny. I think he was the only reason I even stepped into the  theatre to see this movie. I wasn't expecting much from this film, but I left the theatre happy that I let Norman's chubby little friend guide me in.

The best parts about this movie are the one-liners, and there are plenty to chuckle at. There are some very surprising funny lines that keep the movie interesting for adult viewers. The story was ok, but it was the characters that made the movie. My favorite characters being Norman's friend, and his older sister. The shape of Norman's sister's body alone is enough to get a laugh, everything about her is exaggerated, especially the lip gloss. I loved the way his sister looked...funny.

This movie is cute, but some of the humor could be a little much for younger children under the age of 7. If you are an adult who loves animations, I would recommend this one. If you have no interest in seeing this in the theatre, its definitely worth the watch at home...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment