Monday, June 4, 2012

Movies in Review (INDEPENDENT): "The Intouchables"

This was certainly one of the best films I have seen in a while. I really can't say what drew me to this film, but I was captivated after only seeing the trailer once. I guess it helped that the film was inspired by a true story, I love films like these. I was happy that this movie didn't disappoint.

The story was great, and well developed. It was filled with humor and characters that you will love. The relationship between Phillipe, a tetraplegic, and his caregiver Driss is remarkable. One may think they would feel depressed with Phillipe's circumstances, but the film is so light-hearted, it's a hard to feel anything but joy when watching it. I thought the chemistry between Driss and Phillipe was a match made in heaven. It felt as if there was a genuine connection between the two. I love Omar Sy as Driss, and I hope to see him in more film projects.

Subtitles and all (it's a French film) this movie was a joy to watch. There wasn't a dull moment, and by the time the credits rolled I felt myself wanting to see more. This movie may not be in your area, and that's sad because you are missing out on a good one. If you are a fan of Independent films, this is one that should definitely be on your radar. If you can
t catch this in the theatre, please remember it for your netflix queue...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment