Monday, June 11, 2012

Movies in Review: "Madagascar 3: Europes Most Wanted"

I wasn't expecting much from this 3rd installment, especially since I found the sequel to be a disaster compared to the first. To make matters worse, the reviews for this film weren't looking positive. So although I wasn't excited about this movie I had to see it, figuring it couldn't possibly be worse than the 2nd...and I'm happy to say that I was right.

I have no ideas what critics disliked. Some critics even said this installment was worse than 2. Well I'm here to say that they are sadly mistaken. I don't remember too much about 2, possibly because it wasn't very memorable. However I do recall feeling like the 2nd installment didn't show the penguins enough, or  King Julien and Maurice, the characters who created all the comedy relief. Madagascar 3 didn't fall short on any of this. There was plenty of penguin and King Julien action, along with other funny elements that made the first one so good. This movie had me cracking up, much like the first one. Out of the 4 main characters Marty the zebra was again the best. There were a few down/slow moments, but for the most part the movie was filled with plenty of movement and was visually appetizing, which the kids will enjoy. I did not watch this in 3D, but I don't think seeing this in 3D is absolutely necessary for enjoyment.

Unlike most critics, I am giving this one a positive review. The story and journey the animals took was more interesting than the last movie. The characters that were the most interesting are used well in this film. This movie is kid friendly, yet still entertaining for adults. I enjoyed watching this one and I think you will too...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment