Monday, June 11, 2012

Movies in Review: "Prometheus"

This was initially supposed to be a prequel to Aliens, but they later decided to changed that idea a little to develop it as its own separate story. The promotion for this film was huge and was set up to be another major blockbuster. The idea behind this movie was enough to help it stand alone. Although a bit too long, the movie was decent.

This film was receiving rave reviews from critics. I liked it, but it wasn't really exceptional. There were some holes in the story that left me with too many questions. There were events taking place in the movie that wasn't clearly explained. But perhaps you won't notice. There is definitely enough going on in the film to keep your attention away from the nonsense. It was a little strange to hear Noomi Rapace's character get call Lisbeth (short for Elizabeth), the name of the same character she plays in The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo (Swedish version). You would think that they would have named her character something else, or at least make it a point not to call her Lisbeth...eh...maybe that's just me though.

I loved Charlize Theron, but I had a hard time understanding why her character was so uptight. I think her story could have used more development. I enjoyed Michael Fassbender, but did not understand why he was so familiar with the planet that they had just arrived on...smh. Guy Pearce is listed in the cast, and if you're not paying attention, you might miss him. They did a great job with his make-up, he's almost unrecognizable.

The movie was decent, but that doesn't sound like much when I expected it to be great. I think that many people who see this will give this far more credit than it deserves. It was good...excuse me...decent, but that's about as much as I can give it. Sorry if you don't agree with me...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment