Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Movies in Review: "Transformers 3:Dark of the Moon"

Ummmmm...OPTIMUS!!!! Sorry I had to get that out. Can I say that I enjoyed this film...ENJOYED! Michael Bay you are the Man...smh. The best part about the transformer films to me is the humor. There was no shortage of that in this film. Shia Lebouf is as hilarious as always with his awkward, fast talking self. The best part about him though is his parents, who make an appearance. So glad that they have not been written out of the script because they are always a joy to see...Love them!

Now the big surprise was Megan Fox's replacement, model Rosie Whitely, who doesn't say a word in the trailer. Happy to say that she was definitely an upgrade. Not only was she beautiful, but she was a way better actress than Fox. Fox always seemed liked she was trying too hard to be sexy, with the new girl it was natural. I liked how they wrote her into the story, and wrote Fox out without making it seem unreal or unnatural. There were some other great additions too...McDreamy (Love u Patrick Dempsey)...Frances McDormand who has great sass, and I love everything that came out of her mouth! All of the other actors and actresses reprised their roles, although I wish Tyrese would die. He gets more lame with each film...seriously.

The action was great! For the life of me I can't understand why the Deceptacons are always retreating. They are way bigger, and seem way more powerful than the autobots. Please excuse me if I get his name wrong, but its a deceptacon called shockwave? OMG that thing is crazy! Wholly cow! I thought the fighting between the 2 groups could have been better, and the whole save the damsel in distress story was a bit annoying. It is always about a girl. Hope they change that up next time, because it ran too thick this go round. Lastly I would like to profess my love for Bumble Bee...I LOVE U BUMBLE BEE!!!!

All in all a really good holiday weekend movie. The kids are gonna love it and I think you will too. I went to a 2pm show on a weekday and the theatre was packed. Everyone left clapping. So its a must see and take the family with you!...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment