Thursday, June 9, 2011

Movies in Review: "The Tree of Life"

Sorry for the late post on this one, but I was sick last weekend, and was not able to review all the movies I wanted to. However I made an effort to see this one although the trailer completely turned me off, and actually made no sense. But this movie has been getting such high marks, 3 stars from movie reviewers, and even an 86% Fresh on rotten tomatoes. All I have to say after seeing this film is that you guys are lucky you have me, because this movie was a piece of Sh%t! Well, not totally, but for the most part.

There was hardly any dialogue in this film, and anything that was said, was spoken in a whisper. This movie was over 2hrs Long! Are you serious with the whispering?! Come on! There was hardly any acting either. A huge part of this movie was mostly imagery...SMH. Now don't get me wrong. The imagery was absolutely beautiful, but was more suited for the National Geographic channel. There was a part in the movie where for 30+ min there was nothing but opera singing and imagery...wtf. It was so bad, during that part I saw a couple walk out, and the people behind me were complaining about the lack of dialogue in the film. Yeah not a good sign that this movie is a hit. The directing in the film was all over the place. The story is being told in flashes...it was just weird.

It is my conclusion that reviewers were paid to give this film high marks, because this is nothing that you would actually want to pay your money to see in a theatre. This film is more suited for home viewing, and its something you actually have to be in to in order to sit through it...horrible...D-

No comments:

Post a Comment