Monday, June 13, 2011

Movies in Review: "Super 8"

Opening releases was kinda light this weekend with Super 8 being the only wide released film. I can't say that I was pressed to see this movie, just because the trailer didn't really catch my attention at all. It was a friend of mine who seemed to be anticipating its release that got me a little curious about it. So I went, and here's my review.

It actually wasn't all that bad. The best part about this film were the young actors, one being Dakota Fannings sister, Elle Fanning (who is just as great of an actress in her own right). The story line was just ho hum but the kids who are cast in the film help to totally overshadow the lackluster story. They are filming a short story themselves for a film competition, and can I tell you they are absolutely hilarious. You won't stop laughing at these tween to teenage kids as they bicker at each other amongst all the drama going on around them. But they are smart, and witty as they take advantage of all the oppotunities going around them to be able to make a nice film in the end for themselves. The movie was cool, and would probably be more appreciated as a matinee. Like I said, the best part about this film were the kids so if you go, you will definitely want to stay for the credits at the end, which helped to boost my original rating of this film to a  B+!...

No comments:

Post a Comment