Monday, June 27, 2011

Movies in Review: "Cars 2"

It has been a sad couple of weekends for new movie releases, and unfortunately this weekend provided much of the same :/. Up first is "Cars 2", a movie I was excited about and totally looking forward to seeing because I enjoyed the first one so much. It actually didn't start out bad, and I liked the whole "007" theme... that was fun. I also liked that the cars this go round were traveling around the world, so it made for very interesting scenery. What ruined it for me was that there was just too much "Mater" in it. It was less about Lightning Mcqueen this go round, and totally about Mater. That would have been great, if I didn't find Mater to be so annoying. He was a bit much. I also don't remember Lightning Mcqueen sounding so much like Owen Wilson. It was hard to see the car, because whenever he spoke, all I could see was Owen Wilson's face. All the other cars in the previous film, weren't much of a factor in this one. I absolutely loved the "007" car and the purple agent car. They helped to keep me less aggravated with Mater. All in all, it was ok. If your kids are Mater fans, then they will love it. I didn't find it to be as appealing as the first, but it was alright...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment