Monday, June 20, 2011

Movies in Review" "Green Lantern"

This movie is a clear case of a film that had too much hype behind it that was not delivered in the film. Don't get me wrong, it was ok...but thats not good when you are expecting more than OK. I did not mind Ryan Reynold's as the green lantern, but I hated the use of  CGI for his suit. It just looked fake, which was annoying. With the development in technology, they could have made his suit look waaaayyy better than that...smh. The story was a bit dull, and I felt some parts did not have the opportunity to develop. Blake Lively was overacting, and I usually like her in films, but I hated every scene she was in in this one. The character she was playing just didn't suit her, and she didn't pull it off. The movie was filmed in 3D, but the effects were not all that exciting to say that it would be worth your time to spend the extra cash. This is a film that would have benefited more from a little less hype. If your dying to see it, don't say that I didn't warn you. It doesn't live up to previous comic book hero movies like "Thor", "Iron Man" (the 1st one), "Spiderman" (all except the 3rd one), or "X-Men" (all of them). I'm usually pleased with these types of films, but I left out of this one a little disappointed :/...C!

No comments:

Post a Comment