Monday, April 25, 2011

Movies in Review: "Madea's Big Happy Family"

Well it was better that "Madea Goes to Jail"...but unfortunately it was still not that great...SMH. All I can say is that Tyler cast all the wrong people for this movie. We all know that his movies are not filled with writing genius, but they are entertaining and easy to deal with. I think alot of that had to do with the fact that he usually uses reputable actors/actresses. For example "Family That Preys" (awesome movie), "Daddy's Little Girls" (did not get much play, but was a good film), "Why Did I get Married" (only the 1st one). All of these movies were great because of the strong cast he had behind it. It makes his low budget films more than what they really are. Well unfortunately the cast was very weak in Happy Family. The only "real" actress he had was Loretta Devine, who was great as always. Unfortunately everyone else failed.

Now don't get me wrong, the usuals, Mr. Brown, Cora, Madea, Bam, Joe, were all in their prime, and funny as ever (I wish they showed more of them). But the other cast members failed miserably with their over or under acting. The young lady who played "Kimberly" was waaaaaayyyyy over the top from the word go...you just want to slap her off the screen. Tiana Taylors acting reminded you of  Tasha Smith's character in Why Did I get Married 2...yeah she just about ruined the film. And just as you did in Why did I get Married 2, you will leave with a headache...awful. For the life of me I can't understand who keeps trying to push Bow Wow off as an actor, but I'd wish they'd quit. He wasn't the worst one in the film, but he just shouldn't have been in it from the jump. Poor Laura London...smh. It just seems like its all down here for her acting career. She wasn't even relevant in this movie. I mean I could go on and on, but my fingers are getting tired. You can go see it if you want, but waiting for it to come On Demand might suit you better...just my opinion...C :/

No comments:

Post a Comment