Monday, June 4, 2018

Movies in Review: "Adrift"

Based on a true story, it is no surprise that this movie was on my list of films to see this weekend. Although I'm not a huge fan of the actress Shailene Woodley, it was still easy for me to pick this flick over that Johnny Knoxville flick that was also released this weekend. I was more interested in content this weekend instead of nonsense so Adrift made my viewing list. I found the trailer intriguing, although Woodley often makes me cringe. I'm not sure where my unsavory feelings towards Woodley are from. She's not a horrible actress, but there is just something about her and the roles she's in that at times doesn't seem to fit ~shrugs. However, I am a huge fan of Sam Claflin (the male lead), so I would have seen this flick just for him anyway I think. Expectations were about average for me. I was just hoping I didn't have too many cringe moments with Woodley...lol.

This movie right here...smh...emotional. Woodley did not make me cringe and I found her performance to be quite riveting. This was a nice story that went back and forth from the present and the love story that led up to it. The storm scenes were something to see, and my hurt was in my throat throughout. It is a beautiful love story that will have you an emotional wreck by the end of it. The movie seemed to move slow as it got towards the end, but then you are hit with a twist that will fill you with emotion. Great performances by both Claflin and Woodley.

I enjoyed this movie, especially because of the unexpected twist. I like a film that can grab my emotions and this movie had me feeling a way by the end. I wished it wasn't a true story, that's how emotional I was...lol. Yes, this is more of a chick flick, but also a nice movie to take in with your lady for a date too...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment