Monday, June 4, 2018

Movies in Review: "Upgrade"

Has anyone even watched a trailer or heard about this movie??? I know I didn't. I only came across it when researching new releases for this weekend. I already knew I wasn't planning to see that obnoxious Johnny Knoxville flick, and needed another film to replace it, that's when I came across the trailer. I thought the trailer was interesting enough, and it helped that it already was receiving pretty decent ratings, so I decided to take the chance. We all know I'm not into horror flicks, but Blumhouse Productions makes some the most interesting horror flicks I've seen, so I was less worried.

Let me just tell you this movie was far better than I had thought it would be. It is bananas, and you will want to catch this film if it's in your area. Blumhouse has produced films like Get Out, The Purge, and others. So, you know you can expect pure horror and entertainment from this flick. I found myself laughing, because the humor was on point. I also found myself cringing at the unexpected horror action, entertainment at its best. It was freakishly fun, if that makes sense. I was so enthralled in the story with its build up and crazy twist at the end. I felt emotionally violated...lol. I'm still a wreck thinking about this movie.

This movie is entertaining all the way through. You will find yourself amazed and caught off guard by this story and action. I'm sure most of you, like myself have not heard of this film, but you definitely need to see it...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment