Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Movies in Review: "Proud Mary"

Okay...so I know I'm not the only one who thought the Proud Mary trailer was corny as hell, but was still willing to give this movie a chance JUST because our girl Taraji was starring in it. Or perhaps you knew what we all knew about this movie and decided not to even bother. I took my chances, just to see how Taraji's performance as a hitman worked. I was also hoping that the corny trailer was done purposely and the film actually had more and better to offer. My fingers were crossed on this one...

Ummmmmm...yeah...the film doesn't get much better than that trailer. Even the musical soundtrack failed this film. The best part about this movie was Taraji, who actually wasn't that bad as a hitman. Unfortunately she could not save the direction nor writing in this film. It is as corny as the trailer looks. The gun sequences were great, but character development was a bust. It was a train wreck following this story. I thought the young man Mary was protecting was cute and he and Taraji seemed to have a great connection on-screen. I think the action sequences were ok, but over the top and unbelievable, especially the car screen where Taraji's Maserati gets shot up. This scene is shown in the trailer having me believe that car may have been bulletproof, that would be the only reason Mary should have still been alive right? SMH...Mary was bad ass, but there is really no story here.


I'm a little embarrassed Taraji took this role. She's better than this film. Taraji definitely kicked ass, but other than that, there is nothing else to see here ~shrugs...D+

No comments:

Post a Comment