Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Movies in Review: "The Post"

The trailer presented what looked like a riveting story with a cast to match. Yes The Post ranked high on my list to see. I love films based on real events, and loved the focus of this story. It is fun to see what is involved in some decisions that can affect so many. I expected nothing less than great performances from Hanks and Streep. My expectations were high for this one.

I knew I would like this film, but I did not expect to love it as much as I did. This move had a running time of over 2hrs and kept my attention for every minute. I think many journalists would love this film. The script and direction was amazing. The battle between journalism and the government had me on the edge of my seat. It was a battle that needed to happen, and it was a woman at the head of it all. It was purposely done to show where men placed women during 1971. The theme of the country being run and decisions being made by old white men was heavy in this film. What was also heavy was the theme that there were no other races around during this time...I digress...but ijs.

Although we all know how this story ends, seeing the work that went into it was so powerful. I have to point out my favorite part in the movie was the scene at the newspaper when they were preparing to print the story. A very intriguing and beautifully filmed scene. By the time this film ended my heart was settling from racing and I said "That was a good movie". I don't find myself saying that too often, but this film is a work of theatrical art and well worth seeing...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment