Monday, November 20, 2017

Movies in Review: "Justice League"

I'm not the biggest fan of DC Comics, Batman vs Superman almost ruined any interest, but Wonder Woman definitely helped to regain any confidence I lost for their movies. I can't say I was too excited to see Justice League, especially after seeing Thor, Justice League just looked corny...right!? Also I'm haven't been on board with Ben Affleck taking over as Batman. I'm not a Batman fan anyway, but I did love Christian Bale. Wonder Woman was probably the only reason I went to check this flick out, so needless to say my expectations weren't that high, but I was willing to give it a chance.

A very valiant effort for DC Comics. I’m surprised to say that I enjoyed this movie way more than I thought I would. As I don't like giving spoilers, I unfortunately have to tip-toe around this review because my favorite parts about this movie I'm unable to mention without giving too much away :(. However I will say Ben Affleck didn't bother me as much in this film, which definitely upped my experience. I enjoyed the cast, Wonder Woman (of course) was amazing, and The Flash was cute and added a lot of humor. From what I watched in the trailer I didn't expect to like Aquaman, but Jason Momoa did his thing! Cyborg was my least favorite...eh. He just felt like the odd man out. There were some nice action scenes, as you would expect, and I was fairly entertained throughout.


I kind feel like this movie came out too close to the release of Thor, a reducing its ability to stand alone instead of being compared (which of course I did). After seeing Thor this movie doesn't compare, but when looking at it from a DC Comics movie performance, it was pretty good, and keep in mind I was unable to speak about the better parts of the film (well at least better in my opinion). I enjoyed Justice League, and I think you will too...B

No comments:

Post a Comment