Monday, November 6, 2017

Movies in Review: "A Bad Moms Christmas"

The original Bad Moms film was such a hilarious surprise, my anticipation of the sequel was on another level. With twice the moms in the sequel, I was definitely expecting twice the laughs and more, especially with this mom/daughter cast. The trailer was funny and I seriously felt that the movie would definitely deliver much more. Do you think I may have been a little too excited for this movie? Yeah...it's possible...lol. All I know is that I needed a laugh and counted on this movie to deliver...

Soooooo...I did laugh...well, actually chuckled. Although with twice the moms, this movie didn't pack half the laughs of the first film. The humor definitely missed the mark, and the addition of the additional moms only got in the way of the main characters. What I think made the first movie so funny was because the ladies were always getting into something together. However in the sequel the original moms hardly shared the screen together, instead mostly sharing individual screen time with their own respective mothers. A dynamic that didn't work as well...meh. The original cast didn't get to shine like they did in the first film, and brought the laugh value down for me. The additional moms didn't pack the humor I expected them to. There were way too many characters and stories happening that it was kind of a mess :/.

I know my review sounds like this movie was horrible, it wasn't, but it had nothing near the laugh value of the first film. If I were you I'd save my dough and watch this one in the comfort of your home. You will have a much better appreciation for this film if very little cash was spent to see it...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment