Monday, November 6, 2017

Movies in Review: "Thor: Ragnarok"

THOR!!! My favorite God of Thunder! I seriously have a thing for Thor. Thor has me jonesin something awful. There is nothing Thor related I wouldn't see. I have been anticipating this film since I watched the trailer teasers a few months ago. No matter how many times I've seen the trailer, I still got chills. The trailer for this film was nothing less than amazing...am I right!? It's clear everyone felt the same way because this newest film killed at the box office this weekend, and I'm not surprised. I knew I would enjoy this film, that's a given, but I seriously got way more than I had expected.

First off, the laughs were on a thousand trillion. Marvel films are known for their wit and humor, but this movie kept the laughs rolling, and I really enjoyed it. I loved the new characters that were introduced, especially Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. She murdered this role. I knew she would be great, but her performance was better than that. I liked that the made her a straight badass that held her own. Thor usually owns every scene, but the light was definitely shared in this film as everyone was on point. I loved Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster and the actress who played his bodyguard, the kept the laughs rolling. My favorite character by far was definitely Korg, the rock gladiator. Everything out his mouth had me in stitches, especially the end. I want to see this film again because it gave me the entertainment value, and laugh that I needed. Having Thor, Loki, and the Hulk go back in forth is always its own entertainment then add the rest of the cast and you've got a masterpiece worth an applause.


As much as I love ALMOST everything about this movie, I wasn't the biggest fan of Cate Blanchett. No offense...but she just looked old. I kept wanting to see a different actress like Charlize Theron, or Kate Beckinsale. I don't know, but Blanchett was definitely not doing it for me, however she wasn't enough to ruin any of the feelings I had for this film. I enjoyed the previous Thor movies very much, but this is the first one I've wanted to actually pay to see again...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment