Monday, November 13, 2017

Movies In Review: "Murder on the Orient Express"

What captured my attention from this trailer was the look of the film. The talented cast helped too, but I definitely found the film to be very visually appealing, especially the costumes. Not to mention I also have a thing for murder mysteries, and this film reminded me of a murder mystery board game I used to play when I was young. This was definitely a film I was looking forward to seeing. My expectations surprisingly weren't high for this one, however I was still expecting to be entertained.

I kind of loved this film, far more than critics will give it credit for. It appeased all of my senses, especially visual. It kept my attention especially since I was trying to solve the murder mystery myself. I loved the characters, especially Kenneth Branagh as detective Hercule. He was quite a fascinating character, as were the performances from the whole cast. You will be biting your nails as the mystery evolves and is solved. I enjoyed the buildup and the way it ended. I laughed throughout the film, was on the edge of my seat, and by the end on the brink of tears and shock. 


This film was far better than I expected. I never read the book (which film is based), so I had nothing to go off of but what was presented on the screen, which I enjoyed. I love a mystery with surprises, twists and unexpected outcomes. Films like these I become the most involved and entertained. A beautiful film that was visually appealing and very well performed. I think you will enjoy...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment