Monday, November 13, 2017

Movies in Review: "Daddy's Home 2"

Let me first start off by letting you know that I never watched the first movie. Not that I didn't want to, because I actually did, however life got in the way and I never got a chance to see it. I wasn't expecting there to be a sequel, and figured the first must have been pretty good if a 2nd film was now hitting the big screen. I must admit I was a little apprehensive, especially after the seeing Bad Mom's 2, which had twice the mom's and half the laughs. Daddy's Home 2 seemed to have the same going for it, with twice the dad's. I enjoyed the trailer, I was just hoping the additional characters wouldn't sacrifice the comedy.

Well I have nothing much to compare this film to since I missed the first. So I'm just rating this film on what I watched. I thought this movie was ok. Luckily for them, unlike Bad Mom's, the additional characters added to the humor, so I definitely found myself laughing. However some of the comedy was so contrived, and corny at times. I think Ferrell and Wahlberg make for an interesting comedic pair, I just wish the comedy felt more natural...eh :/.


Not the worst comedy I've seen this year, but definitely nothing to go running out to see. If you catch it on cable, you will enjoy the laughs and the comfort of not wasting of that hard earned cash...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment