Monday, March 20, 2017

Movies in Review: "T2: Trainspotting"

I remember walking past the theatrical poster for this film and wondering what it was about, and looking for the trailer to ease my curiosity, but with no such luck. It was really Ewan McGregor that caused my interest to go any further than the poster. I happen to really adore Ewan and his work and figured any film he starred in had to be worth the watch. So I did my research only to find out this film was actually the sequel of the 1996 film Trainspotting. I thought the trailer was really crazy, but still entertaining, so I set plans to see it this weekend, after of course, watching the first. I think that was a bad idea, because upon finishing the first film, I seriously reconsidered skipping out on T2. This is not to say the film was bad, it was just something that didn't really touch any of my senses, except for disgusts at some of the scenes. However upon considering my other film choices (The Belko Experiment) I took my chances with this instead.

Well I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed this second installment more than the first. I thought this film had a much better storyline, and I'm sure the decrease in drug use played a major role. Although I did feel the first film had more riveting scenes that would have one squirm, and gasp, but the plot in the second film kept my attention more than the first. I enjoyed the characters and found my attention kept by this film than the first. I honestly had a hard time relating to the material ~shrugs. Movie felt like it was directed to the male audience and likely those who have dabbled into drugs. So it wasn't that the film wasn't good, it just wasn't for me I guess.


This film reminds me of stuff adolescent boys would sit around and watch while getting hammered. Not really the type of film you would have ever caught me watching. But again, not a bad movie. If you like dark comedies and the story catches your interest, then I definitely think this is a film you will enjoy. If not, you can wait to view it on a couch near you, on a lazy Sunday afternoon with nothing to do...ijs...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment