Monday, March 20, 2017

Movies in Review: "Beauty and the Beast"

As we know I'm not the biggest fan of films being redone and rebooted, but I'd have to say I have to exclude the Disney fairytale films that have been released as of late. With phenomenal films like Maleficent and Cinderella, Disney has brought new life to these classic stories, and I have enjoyed the experiences. It should be no surprise that when I watched the trailer for Beauty and the Beast, the hair stood up on my arms and I got chills. I am super surprised by my reaction to the trailer because I was never the biggest fan of the Beauty and the Beast story. Don't hate me, I think it was the beast that made me shudder and kept me from this story ~shrugs. As an adult it's clear I'm no longer scared of this beast and marked my calendar for the release of this film. I had to bring my little guy and was a little worried the film might not be good for him since there was no animation, but I was hoping for the best.

O...M...G!!! This movie is everything. I thought I loved the remake of Cinderella, but Beauty and the Beast had me on a super high. It was a visually stunning film, maxing out its entertainment value. I said I was worried if my kid would enjoy it, but each time I glanced over at him his eyes were glued to the screen and there was a smile planted on his face. The characters were everything and had enough to keep the younger audience members interested throughout. The costumes were amazing, especially the yellow dress Belle wore. By the way Emma Watson was a shining star as the character Beauty. I don't think they could have cast a better actress. Also the visual effects they used on the Beast were absolutely AMAZING! I could go on and on about this film, and all would be positive. One of my favorite films so far for 2017.


If you have little ones, especially little girls, do not let this movie leave the theater without them seeing it. It is great on any screen, but I would have loved it on a more premium screen as it's a visual masterpiece. It's so good, I would add it to my collection to be watched over and over...A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment