Monday, March 27, 2017

Movies in Review: "Life"

There has been quite the buzz around this film. Notably so I guess, the cast has some heavy hitters in Gyllenhaal and Reynolds, but still for some reason, I was still considering taking a pass on this film. I don't know what it was about it that just didn't capture me. Maybe it's because the trailer looked like all the other "alien" type space films. Where the plot always seems to play out in similar ways. Please let me mention that I'm not the biggest fan of these type of films, mostly because they have a tendency to grossly freak me out...lol. Although I didn't want to see this film, it was Gyllenhaal and Reynolds, as well as the positive buzz that got me into the theater...and I'm happy I went.

Yes the move rolls along like many of the others in this genre, except better. The performances were a lot better and made it more than other films like it. Also, they gave the Alien a name, which you will remember throughout the film because "Calvin" is something that you will want to shake, but can't, even after the credits roll. Calvin has to be one of the craziest aliens I've ever seen in a film, and I hate him...lol. You will get all of your monies worth on this one up until the very end. This creature will have your heart jumping, hands gripping your chair, and have you at the edge of your seat. I seriously was talking about Calvin for an hour after I left the theater...yeah...he was that crazy...smh.


I would never want to see this movie again, but I'm happy I did go see it. Please don't watch this one bootleg because you need to be able to see everything this alien is doing. That's where the horror lies. I love a film that can get me going, and this is one of those movies. It had a twist that I felt was a little predictable but still messed me up in the head...lol...so that's still a win...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment