Monday, March 13, 2017

Movies in Review: "Kong: Skull Island"

I have expressed this many times, but I'm not the biggest fan of reboots and films that keep getting remade over and over again. Seriously? Where is the creativity in that? I admit I was also never a huge King Kong or Godzilla fan for that matter, and have never seen the originals ~shrugs. However I decided to open my mind and see what the hype was all about with this huge creatures, taking my chances with the last Godzilla movie, and enjoying it. When the trailer for Kong hit the theaters, I found myself still sucking my teeth, but the cast played a major part in my interest to see this film. I thought the trailer was cool, and hoped to be as entertained as I was with Godzilla.

O...M...G! Kong was so freaking awesome! I went to see the film in a Dolby screen theater, and it was everything! The sound and the trembles in the theater helped with the overall experience. My jaw dropped when Kong came on the screen. I definitely recommend seeing this in a premium theater (not 3D though), so you can get the most out of this movie. Kong was visually massive and amazing. I loved how they designed him...Wow. The film kept a nice pace and the cast was great at adding to the entertainment. Skull Island also had more than a few visual surprises that I loved. I kept getting caught off guard. I love when a film can do that.

If there was a battle between Kong and Godzilla, I'm definitely #TeamKong all the way. He is everything. I was more than pleased with this film. It had everything I could want or expect from a film like this. If you are looking for something heart pumping, then this is your film. As I said before, seeing this film in any place other that IMAX or a premium screen isn't really worth the time...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment