Monday, December 19, 2016

Movies in Review: "Rogue One"

So I admit I am not the biggest Star Wars fan. As a matter of fact, the summer release Star Wars film was the only one I had been able to watch in its entirety. I thought it was corny, and still surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I think I only went to see it because everyone else was so hyped about it. However when I watched the trailer for Rogue One, I was sincerely intrigued. This was the first film from this franchise that I actually wanted to see. I have no idea why the others didn't appeal to me as much as this one ~shrugs. I usually have hard time keeping up with these films, so I was just hoping not to get lost in the sauce.

By far my favorite movie from this franchise. What I usually hate about Star War films is that there are too many characters, and too many stories and realms to keep track of. There is also very little character development, usually making far too many story lines forgettable, but this was not this film's case. The cast of main characters was small, so the story felt tight, and was easy to follow. The film had a number of strong memorable characters and a cohesive story line to go with it. The humor was on point and I loved the characters on-screen chemistry. The last 30 mins of the film were remarkable and powerful. This movie had a spark that I find lacked in the other Star War films. There weren't too many dull moments at all. The blind warrior and the Rebel Robot were definitely my favorites from the film. They were everything!


This film was filled with humor, excitement and unexpected moments that made it worthwhile. Star War films tend to feel like a long drawn out sometimes dull crusade, but this one didn't have a dull moment to notice the time. One of my favorite films from this weekend's movie adventures...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment