Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Movies in Review: "Miss Sloane"

Miss Sloane caught my eye while searching through fandango working out my weekend movie plans. I was surprised I had not seen a trailer for this film, it has a stellar cast with Jessica Chastain taking the lead, and looked like a great thriller. I love thrillers, although some of the material in political thrillers can fly over my head, I never walk out of the theater not catching the jist of the story...lol. I was looking forward to see this movie, and I was hoping to leave the theater more thrilled than confused...lol.

Now this was a good movie. Everything about this movie was great. Chastain was remarkable as the lead character Elizabeth Sloane. She is a BOSS! I really had a hard time figuring out if I hated her or loved her...but I think I'm definitely leaning more towards love. The story had a steady pace which I enjoyed, and great build-up. It is a must that you don't walk away and miss anything because it all comes together in the end. I honestly had no clue how this film was going to end, but with a running time of 2hrs + by the end I was ready for things to get sealed up. I wasn't expecting the ending that I got, which left my jaw on the floor and made this movie totally worth the 2+hrs.

I love a movie that can leave me stunned by end. It makes the movie less predictable and well worth it. I was beyond pleased with this film, but it was definitely the ending that won me over. If you are looking for a strong film that is thrilling and unpredictable, this is the one for you. I know you will enjoy it...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment