Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Movies in Review: "Hidden Figures"

Biographical films are definitely one of my favorite genres of movies because there is nothing like watching someone's real life story play out on the big screen. However films like Hidden Figures take it a step further by bringing to the surface pivotal moments in history that otherwise would have remained unknown and forgotten. I never knew the of the vital role black women played in getting us into space. When I first viewed the trailer my mouth dropped and there was an overwhelming feeling of pride and excitement to see this film. The trailer did more than intrigued me, and this film is likely the one I've been anticipating the most this year. There was no doubt in my mind this movie would be a hit, and I was looking forward to being educated on the beautiful black women playing an essential role in the Nasa Space program.

I would like to give this movie a standing ovation, and I am so happy this story was brought to the big screen. As a black woman, the pride I had watching this film gave my spirit life, and I recommend every person of color, especially women with daughters, go see this film. It is all of that and a bag of chips. This story needed to be told. These women played a huge part in history that can't be denied. What I loved about this film, besides the excellent performances, direction and story, were the lessons I walked away with. The strength of these women to overcome obstacles will touch you to the core. Preparation meets opportunity was a core message with Octavia Spencer as Dorothy Vaughn. This was the message that hit me the deepest, and well as us looking out for one another and bringing each other up with support.


I could go on and on about this film because it brought out so many positive emotions. I walked out of the theater feeling revived a brand new. This film definitely lifted my spirits. Shout out to Pharrell for the banging soundtrack, because the movie was definitely on point. This is a movie you don't want to miss out on...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment