Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Movies in Review: "Assassin's Creed"

I don't know if any of you were like me and found little interest in the trailer for this film. The only reason I went to see this movie was because Michael Fassbender was starring in it, so I thought maybe I was missing something and was wrong about this movie. I think Fassbender is a phenomenal actor, and couldn't see him in anything not worth seeing, even a little. I mean he was in The Counselor, which wasn't a great film, but had some nice performances, especially from him, that didn't make the film as bad as it should have been ~shrugs. I tossed a coin o with Assassin's Creed, and decided to take my chances...

One of the biggest movie mistakes I think I've made this year. True to form, Fassbender was great, but this movie was dumb as hell...lol. I should have known since the film is based on a video game...smh. Video games made into movies don't usually translate well, and you will definitely find yourself lost in translation with this one. I think only fans of the game would find worth in this film, because I was lost and totally annoyed with this movie. It felt like I was watching a video game with live characters, because there was no character development in the story. There were just character after character. The action sequences were well done, but that should have been expected right??? Nothing in this movie made sense to me, and I kept think was "Who Cares?” Although some of the dialogue had subtitles even the English spoken words didn't make sense...lol. Ugh...this movie should have been left at the arcade.


I was not a fan of this film. It was so annoying to watch because it didn't feel like a movie. There was limited dialogue that hardly made sense to me, filled with great action sequences, but a story that had no substance...Ugh! Can we please stop making video games into movies...ijs...D!

No comments:

Post a Comment