Monday, December 19, 2016

Movies in Review: "La La Land"

There was such great buzz around this movie that it finally convinced myself to go see it. Although I am a huge fan of Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling, and their on-screen chemistry, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of musical films ~shrugs. I thought the trailer was cute, but the thought of all that singing made me wince. However as an avid movie-goer, there was no way I could pass up a film that has Oscar noms, and received 7 Golden Globe nominations...right!? I wasn't sure how I would feel after seeing it, but I had to know if it was worth all of the hype it has been receiving.

This movie is worth the hype and then some. I admit the opening scene made me cringe a little, because of course it started with a corny song...lol. However I got myself to relax to try and enjoy the film, and I found myself completely wrapped in it. I'm not a huge fan of musical film, but the performance scenes in this movie had me open. The music and performances were phenomenal. It was like a breath of fresh air was blown into a mirage of mundane films. This was something new...finally! The film industry needed this creative masterpiece. I could go on and on about Gosling and Stone, but anything I have to say about them is worth seeing on the big screen. This movie made me laugh and pulled and my heart strings. One of the best films I have seen this year.


I don't know what to say to anyone who isn't a fan of musicals, except I think you will still find enough entertainment value in this movie that the music will not be a negative factor. This movie is worth all the praises it has received, and well worth you seeing...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment