Monday, November 7, 2016

Movies in Review: "Doctor Strange"

Ok so I had been hearing about this movie from my Marvel hero fanatics far before the trailer was released. All were uber excited for it to be released. As I am not a comic book reader I couldn't take part in their anticipation. However when the first trailer was released my jaw absolutely hit the floor, and the hairs on my skin stood up. That trailer was everything, setting my expectations for this movie on another level that I didn't think would be possible for it to me. Let me first say, all expectations were met and then some. This movie was EVERYTHING!

I honestly don't know where to start with this movie, since I found everything in it divine and well done. So I'm just going to start with Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange. I've always found Cumberbatch to be a remarkable actor, but not everyone is built to play a superhero, but not in this case. Cumberbatch was made for this role. I loved everything about him. His humor was on point, and he brought Doctor Strange to life. I don't think I could see anyone else playing this role as well as he did. I enjoyed the story, it had great movement, great comical moments and power. Besides Strange, Tilda Swinton's character was definitely another of my favorites...I loved her. 

Ok now let's talk about those visual effects. Did you see that remarkable work that was put on that big screen!? BTW...This movie has to be seen on a big screen, a premiere screening would be even better. If you have ever seen Inception and thought that was visually entertaining, this movie is like Inception on crack...Holy Cow...Wow! I was amazed by what my eyes were seeing. I'm still in awe.


By far one of the best films, especially Marvel films I have seen this year. I'm not for repeating films, but I could definitely see this one again. All I know is you have to make it to the theater for this one, anything less than seeing it on the big screen would be a waste...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment