Monday, November 14, 2016

Movies in Review: "Almost Christmas"

You ever get tired of seeing the same movie get redone with a new cast of actors and get marketed to you as if it was something brand new? Well this is how Almost Christmas was for me. I watched the trailer and found it to be very entertaining, and although the format of this film has been done before I still believed I would walk away from the film as entertained as the trailer had me feel. Unfortunately the best parts about this movie were all shown in the trailer...smh. Gotta hate when that happens.

I was hoping to have something good to say about this movie, but I'm finding it hard to do. I am so tired of us releasing the same types of films. This movie is almost exactly like "This Christmas". They both had very similar story lines that failed to impress. All this movie did was make exceptional actors look mediocre at best. I admit that I laughed, but I honestly could have watched this movie on BET instead of paying for it. Not at all worth running to the theater to see this one. Most of the funny parts were definitely shown in the trailer, and the movie didn't really have anything more exciting to offer. There were way too many small story lines that wasn't given the time to develop nicely. This movie didn't do a great job of making me care...eh.

Almost Christmas should have been shelved before it made it to theaters. With false promises of it being a movie for all to see was more of a disappointment and waste of time. All it did was expose our lack of creativity, which I hate...C

No comments:

Post a Comment