Monday, October 31, 2016

Movies in Review: "Inferno"

So I'm a little late as I have never seen The Davinci Code and Angels & Demons, which are all films based on best-selling books. By the way, I have also never read any of the books ~shrugs. So I went into this film with little to no background on the story, so forgive me if I don't meet your standards for this review for anyone who is a follower of this series. I think the only reason I even went to see this film was because it was the only major released movie this weekend. If it wasn't, I might have passed on seeing this installment as well, especially since it received less than positive reviews from critics. My expectations weren't high, but I wasn't expecting it to be as bad as critics charmed it to be. Ron Howard was in the director's chair, and Tom Hanks was in the lead, so how bad could it be?

Ok so I'm not sure what critics were fussing about because I kind of enjoyed it more than the 20% Rotten rating Rotten Tomatoes gave it. I thought the film got off to a great start because it wasted no time getting into action. I was a little confused at all the symbolic lingo, but not confused enough that I was unable to follow the story. I liked how the story was a mystery at the beginning and was slowly pieced together by the end. It made the film more interesting to me because it was unpredictable and I didn't see the twist coming. Made the film very exciting for me, and came together well in the end. The film did a great job of building the story up and by the end my stomach was in knots and I was on the edge of my seat anticipating the events. This is what I enjoyed the most. I did think there were too many pieces/people in the story that cluttered the plot caused more confusion than was necessary. However none of that ruined the story.


I don't know how the movie compares with the book, nor do I care. I walked into this movie open-minded, and walked out satisfied. The film had great mystery, thrills, and surprises that held my full attention, what more could you ask for...B

No comments:

Post a Comment