Monday, October 10, 2016

Movies in Review: "The Girl on the Train"

It kind of depresses me to think that we are losing our creativity with the constant remakes, and film reboots. How many books do we need adapted into film?...yawn. I really shouldn't be complaining, since I haven't read most of the books that are no movies...but still. Creativity is stepping out the door for films, and I'm just left here feeling empty. Well that's what most of the films I've seen in the past few years have me feeling, and this is another to add to the list. I wasn't impressed with the trailer for this film, but Emily Blunt was in it, and there was nothing else released this weekend, so I took my chances. Some books just don't need to be adapted into film...this would be one of them...

I swear sitting through this movie was like watching paint dry. It moved so freaking slow. So slow that it was hard to connect, or even care about the characters. I enjoyed Emily Blunt who gave great emotional performance, but the story did nothing to back her performance. The movie felt as if I was reading the book, except I couldn't skip pages to get myself quickly to the end...yes it was like that...I just wanted it to be over. Movie is being marketed with this "thrilling twist" in the plot, but when it got to that part I was less than thrilled, surprised, or satisfied. I was like "I sat through all of that for this?"...womp womp. The film does a decent job at building the story, but it took way too long for it to climax. The story wasn't really good enough for me to care...

I curse these book adaptions. Not every book needs to be seen on the big screen. It makes more sense to leave some on pages. If the book reads anything like this movie, I could see myself struggling to get through half of it, but eventually giving up out of boredom and tossing it to the side never to be read again...ijs...C-

No comments:

Post a Comment