Monday, June 13, 2016

Movies in Review: "Now You See Me 2"

From this weekend’s movie releases, Now You See Me 2 is the one I was looking most forward to seeing. I enjoyed the tricks of the first film, and thought they could only improve...or at least that's what I was hoping. I was sad to see Isla Fisher would not be returning. The addition of Lizzy Caplan as her replacement didn't really appeal to me in the trailer, but I was interested to see how this new character would fit. I wasn't expecting much from this movie, but I was definitely expecting to be entertained.

Hmmmmmm...There wasn't a lack of entertainment, but the plot for this sequel wasn't as strong as the first one. Sanaa Lathan was added to the cast as an FBI agent. She was super regular. I enjoyed the British Detective from the first movie way better. The Horseman were great as usually, and the addition of the character Lulu (Lizzy Caplan) worked really well. As a matter of fact, I kinda enjoyed Lizzy more than Fisher, so this was a plus. She was funny and brought most of the excitement to the group. I thought Mark Ruffalo's character kind of got lost and played the background in this movie. He wasn't as strong as in the first film. Daniel Radcliffe was also a nice addition, but I wish his story line was stronger. The tricks were decent, especially the computer chip scene, but I felt the finale trick fell a little flat. I wasn't impressed with the finale as I was in the first movie...eh.


All in all not a bad movie, just not exceptional. I would call this one a Netflix and Chill flick, or something to pass the time at a matinee. Although I was hoping to be more impressed, I'm still looking forward to the third movie...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment